WHAT IS THE BEST STAND UP PADDLE BOARD SIZE FOR ME?
Choosing a paddle board that meets your needs is an important decision, especially if it is your first one and we all have asked this question at some point. Choosing a board, paddle and any accessory can be subjective but there are some key things to consider: Your weight, experience and how you are going to use your stand up board are all important to think about. Check out our blog post, How to pick the right stand up paddle board , to help you decide. Also feel free to contact Solace SUP for advice and we can share some of our experiences.
WHAT IS THE WARRANTY ON A SOLACE STAND UP PADDLE BOARD?
Solace SUP is very confident in our products and we have gone to great lengths to ensure we offer a high-quality product that we would invest in and enjoy using ourselves. We also know that things aren't always perfect and are happy to back our products with a 1 year warranty/ 30-day money back guarantee. This warrants our product to be free of major manufacturer defects to the original purchaser for a period of 1 year from the purchase date and our money back guarantee gives you a full refund, minus shipping, on any of our Solace brand products in the event you are not happy with what you received. Return shipping will be the responsibility of the customer.
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING DETAILS ON OUR WARRANTY BELOW:
- If a product is deemed defective by Solace SUP, the warranty covers the repair or replacement of the defective product during the 1 year timeframe from original purchase date to that owner. If the same model product is not available, we will replace with a similar model product at no cost to you. All repair locations have to be authorized by Solace SUP before any repairs are made to be covered under this warranty.
- 30 day money back guarantee returns should be in new condition and with original packaging and/ or tags so it can be restocked. Return shipping cost and a 5% restocking fee will be the customer's responsibility.
- Solace SUP will not be responsible for any costs, losses or damages incurred as a result of loss or use of this product. (For example: dropping your cell phone in water.)
- Solace SUP will make the final warranty decision on any product in person or by pictures.
- Returns to Solace SUP will only be accepted if a return authorization number is given in advance by our customer service department.
- The warranty does not cover damage from impact, punctures, excessive heat/sun exposure and normal wear and tear. (Please see our care & maintenance question)
- The original receipt of purchase is required for warranty claims.
If you have a question on our warranty policy, please feel free to contact us via email or at our direct phone number listed in the Contact Us section. We are happy to help!
WHAT IS THE BEST PRACTICE FOR CARE AND MAINTENANCE ON MY SOLACE SUP?
Following the best practices below is crucial for years of paddling with your stand up paddle board and equipment. We don’t want to scare anyone, but being aware of your equipment is smart. Our Solace SUP equipment is tough, but you have to give it a fair shot :)
We use a high-grade EPS foam as the core in the construction of your stand up paddle board and it can expand/contract under extreme changing temperatures and or direct sunlight. This is why we use an automatic air vent to release any gasses from the foam which helps prevent damage. Furthermore, the air vent is maintenance free with no need to loosen or tighten. Although we take these precautions in the construction of the boards, neglect can cause damage to the product.
HERE ARE BEST PRACTICES TO FOLLOW BELOW:
- Rinse all equipment thoroughly with clean fresh water after every use to avoid corrosion on hardware and clogging of your maintenance free air vent.
- Store in a ventilated, cool, shaded area when not in use.
- If you are hanging out on the water and need to take a dip to cool off, most likely your board does too. Flip it once or twice in the water to help keep it cool.
- When transporting your board, we highly recommend a good stand up paddle board bag with padding to help prevent dings/scratches and to deflect the harsh heat and UV rays from the sun.
HERE IS WHAT NOT TO DO:
- Do not leave your SUP lying on the shore, in your car or anywhere with direct exposure to the sun for an extended period of time. Put it in a deflective board bag or shaded area when possible.
- If your board suffers a hard impact from surrounding objects, paddle in land to check it out and make sure there are no punctures. Do not keep paddling if you suspect water can enter the accident area; have a professional look at it. If you decide to repair the board on your own, make sure you use an epoxy-based resin to do so.
Following these tips, you won’t have any problems with your board. We have put our boards through some extreme situations to make sure they hold up to our standards. So, go out there and have some fun!
WHAT DOES AN AIR VENT DO ON A STAND UP PADDLE BOARD? DO SOLACE SUP BOARDS HAVE AIR VENTS?
Air vents are incorporated with stand up paddle boards to release pressure built up from gasses that are release from the foam core. If the enclosed and sealed foam had no release vent, the gas pressure would cause the board material to delaminate or fall apart. Some paddle board brands have a manual screw in vent that needs to be loosened when not in use or when in high altitudes. Solace SUP Boards is proud to offer a maintenance-free air vent. These are the most trusted vents releasing pressure and not allowing water or debris in your stand up paddle board. Ours do not need to be removed; just kept clean.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO SHIP A SOLACE PADDLE BOARD?
Shipping charges can be a downer when purchasing large items online. That’s why we worked out a deal with our logistics partner and are passing the savings on to you. We are offering a flat shipping rate of just $65 on all boards anywhere in the contiguous USA! This saves you hundreds of dollars. Please inquire about shipping rates to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Canada as these change often. We will help cover a percentage of the shipping cost to these areas.
Investing in multiple boards? Purchase two or more stand up paddle boards and you will recieve FREE SHIPPING. Contact us for shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Canada. We will guarantee to cover 20% - 30% of the shipping cost on a multiple-board order to help get your new ride on the water.
HOW IS MY SOLACE SUP BOARD PACKED AND SHIPPED?
We do recycle boxes and packing material as often as we can, so you might see some mix-matched packaging, but everything is professionally packed. All paddle boards will be wrapped carefully with padded material and re-enforced at the nose,tail and rails of the board with foam and customized cardboard, shaped to wrap around these critical areas. Then the board will be double boxed and freighted to your door step. A tracking number will be emailed to you once your paddle board has been picked up and is in route to your location. Our freight carriers will call ahead of time to give you an idea of when to expect your board. We recommend that you be there to meet the driver and inspect your SUP board.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO RECEIVE MY SOLACE PADDLE BOARD?
Once orders are received, they will be filled within 48 hours. Solace boards will be delivered in 3 to 10 business days depending on your location and freight availability in your area.
WHAT IF MY SOLACE BOARD IS DAMAGED WHEN DELIVERED?
We do use reliable freight services to get your package to you safely and take the time to properly pack all of our products. However, sometimes damage can happen while in route to a location. It's important that you be there to inspect your equipment when the driver delivers so you can check for any damages and record the details on the delivery receipt while the driver is there so we have recourse proof to file a claim with the delivery company. They are paid to hang out while a customer inspects their package. Unfortunately, no claim can be made if documentation is not recorded on your delivery receipt when receiving your package.
IF DAMAGE IS FOUND, HERE IS WHAT YOU DO:
If you inspect your package and are ok with the damaged area or with having it repaired, then accept delivery, notify the driver of the damage by writing on the receiving receipt, save all packaging and we will compensate you for the damage. Just contact us within 48 hours and provide pictures of the damaged area. Our customer service will contact you within 24 hours to work out a fair compensation to have your product professionally fix. Please note that if there is no record of the damage when receiving your product and Solace was not notified within the stated timeframe; No compensation will be made.
Damaged product does not happen often but if it does, we will be here with you to make the situation right. You're family after all!